Is 0 > None?? (fwd)

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Sat Sep 1 18:54:32 EDT 2001

Sat, 1 Sep 2001 21:19:43 +0200, Radovan Garabik <spam at melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> pisze:

> and you heard correctly that it is a bad idea.

I never heard a convincing argument.

> A very bad idea indeed, because it could happen that my program
> would stop working for anybody with different locale charset.

Such program would currently not work *at all* - hardly an improvement.

> And for those on OpenBSD as well (since OpenBSD does not have proper
> locale support)

So because of poor locale support on OpenBSD it won't work on Linux?
Let's drop os.fork then - it's not available under Windows.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak at knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/