The nntplib module

Travers Naran tnaran at direct.ca
Tue Sep 18 11:56:32 EDT 2001

Hi group:

I'm working on a newsgroup binaries extractor (which works well under
Windows and LINUX), and I'm finding the nntplib doesn't have that nice
feature the Perl NNTP module has of downloading an article body to a file.
I've modified my local copy of nntplib to handle this, but I can't find any
reference to who is maintaining this module so I can make this suggestion.
Who should I contact?  Thanks in advance!

On a side note, I've found running my script under Linux (same wintel box)
much faster than running under Windows 98.  I suspect it's the difference in
Virtual Memory performance, but I can't prove this.  Discuss amongst
yourselves. :-)