Why so few Python jobs?

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Tue Sep 25 23:18:46 EDT 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:37:58 +0000 (UTC),
	Duncan Booth <duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk> wrote:
>There is a very good point here. The last few times I have had to write
>something in C/C++ I have written it first in Python to get it all working
>and then (when necessary) written a C/C++ version based on the Python code.

A few Python conferences ago, Greg Stein talked about a similar
sequence of events.  The company he worked for had a Web commerce tool
written in pure Python.  Then they got acquired by Microsoft, and the
resulting Merchant Server 2.0 was 60%-40% C++ and Python; version 3.0
was all C++.  (Check with Greg S. for the details.)  Even if Python
code isn't in your finished product, Python can still be a time-saver.

--amk