New Python WebMail app

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Mon Sep 17 08:25:14 EDT 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Alex Martelli wrote:

> "Aaron Fransen" <aaronf at NOSPAMtelusplanet.net> wrote in message
> news:fQxo7.43891$Gi6.5026247 at news0.telusplanet.net...
> > It's got address books, HTML support (like HotMail, but only on IE of
> > course...at least until Netscape and Opera suppor the IFRAME tag), a full
>
> Mozilla 6 does support IFRAME (which is perfectly good standard HTML 4.01
> after all), so I would expect Netscape 6 to (doesn't it...?) -- see
> http://www.mozilla.org/docs/web-developer/upgrade_2.html.  Opera 5 also
> support IFRAME, of course.  So does KDE's Konqueror.
>
> Netscape 4.* is, of course, a zombie -- a walking dead still going
> around doing damage.  (Yes, yes, I know I used exactly the same
> metaphor to describe DDE a week or so ago -- feels completely apt
> in both cases to me).  There are (barely) enough copies of NS 4
> still in use, as to inhibit web designers who need to reach a
> really wide audience from using standard HTML -- just because
> a browser designed many years ago was unable to support the correct
> standard and some people (who understandably don't want to upgrade
> to NS6, heavier and still rather buggy; and, less understandably,
> don't want to move to light, fast, solid Opera, or to any of the
> several decent open source browsers around) stick with it.  Sigh.

Nonetheless, some of us use Netscape 3. And I still use Netscape 4 while
waiting for stable Mozilla.

And, of course, those who has something to say use HTML 3.2 ;-) Everything
else is for special needs. Usually sites with "heavy design" are empty
information-wise and on the contrary, those who has good content to share
could use simpler means. I really hate when site is using some js instead
of a-href.

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
--
 - Petrozavodsk - Karelia - Russia - mailto:rnd at onego.ru -