Suspected Unicode problem when reading text from Excell

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Thu Sep 6 13:13:28 EDT 2001

Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:14:53 +0400, Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> pisze:

>> I meant that it should be changed in the default installation,
>
> Are there many people who BY DEFAULT want to configure locale and
> import locale module?

Let me phrase this question differently: are there many people who
want to have locale configured incorrectly, or who want programs to
work on ASCII only?

BTW, the default locale is "C". People with broken locale configuration
would get what everybody gets now. People with correctly set locale
would get working programs.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak at knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/