Python and Zope

Ken Egervari ken at positive-edge.com
Sun Sep 9 12:10:13 EDT 2001

I'm actually very used to the PHP interpreter as I've done a few large
websites with it.  It's not powerful enough for my needs and I need to go to
something with higher performance, scalability, cleanliness and just into a
better multi-tiered, OO environment.  I know you can hack and do it in PHP -
I'm looking for a nice framework that works that can help me deploy faster.

Some I'm looking at:
Java Enterprise (which I have previous experience in)
.NET (i'm very impressed)
Python and/or Zope

Java doesn't look that great sinec I have to spend a lot more money on
servers to get it running at the same performance as Python.  I'm not sure
of the speeds that .NET provides.  I can't see it being ultra fast since the
common language layer and the extra-added framework to make development
easier will no-doubtedly slow it down.  Zope looked very interesting, but
it's very akward to get used to structuring websites when you have been
doing large frameworks for a long time in a traditional environment.

Any help appreciated.
Ken