books about wxPython

Robert Amesz reqhye72zux at mailexpire.com
Fri Sep 21 18:48:18 EDT 2001

Uwe Schmitt wrote:

> are there any books about wxpython ?

No. Robin Dunn (who's responsible for that Python - wxWindows marriage;
truly one made in heaven!) has said he's working on a book, but has
warned us not to expect it anytime soon.

> or do i have to read the online docs ???

Hmmm, I'd advise against reading the docs as a means of learning
wxPython. It makes good reference material, but it's hardly a tutorial.
It's much better to run the wxPython demo and study the sources. There
are some small apps in the distribution you can study too.

And there's a mailing list as well. You'll find instructions on how to
subscribe on te wxPython-page. (From the top of my head:
www.wxpython.org)

HTH, Robert Amesz