Creating Excel files on Linux

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Fri Sep 7 10:32:42 EDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 09:07:08AM -0500, Maan M. Hamze wrote:
> Cool it down guys.  You take things so personal.  When I say that the world
> speaks the XLS language I mean that is what your average Joe Blow and Jane
> Doe understand behind their desks in their offices.  I did not not mean it
> as a computer programming language.

   But again, am I free not to deal with this world? And I can assure you
that my freedom not to deal with this world will lead to the world where
J. Random User would not know what languages her software uses, but tech
people will use any langauage they prefer. This will be much more free
world. Donw that Black Monopoly.

> However, on another front VBA as an overarching paradigm remains quite an
> achievement that actually works in windows.

   Windows? What's that? (just jidding 'fcourse)

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru