Interactive web image using Python

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Wed Sep 26 05:32:29 EDT 2001

hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk (Hamish Lawson) wrote in message news:<915a998f.0109250928.2f77ca00 at posting.google.com>...

[Save images, generate images upon request, or send images with the
page]

> Paul, I've used the first two techniques you mention before; in each
> case the IMG tag in the generated page specifies the URL of a resource
> that the browser makes a separate request for. However I'm intrigued
> by your third option, namely "sending the image with the Web page". By
> this, do you mean sending back a multipart message that includes both
> the HTML page and the generated image?

Well, I would have thought that it would be possible for a MIME type
of multipart/mixed or something similar to be sent in the headers of
an HTTP response, followed by the various message parts - one being an
HTML page, others being images - but to be honest I don't even know if
that is allowed, let alone supported.

Paul