Off-topic: hiding your email address - don't bother...

Paul Rubin phr-n2001 at nightsong.com
Sat Sep 29 02:06:21 EDT 2001

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:
>     * If I reply-to-all to a message of yours I will get an address like
>       skipNO at SPAMmojam.com in the To: or CC: headers.  If I notice it and
>       remove "NO" and "SPAM", I've just screwed you, because your email
>       address is now going to show up in mailing list archives or Usenet
>       headers.  If I don't notice, I get a bounce.  No great loss perhaps,
>       though I'm a bit frustrated because my response to perhaps your
>       request won't reach you, and you might miss the response to your
>       message when skimming c.l.py (or have it expire when you're out of
>       town on a business trip).  What are the chances that I will realize I
>       should move your email address to the BCC field?  Slim, at best.  If I
>       remember to do all the right things, what about Alex or Guido, one of
>       the Tims or one of the bots?

If I post a question to c.l.py, I make a point of checking the newsgroup
for answers.  I really would prefer NOT to get emailed replies, especially
if the answer is also in the newsgroup.

I do post from a valid email address, though it expires after a while
(i.e. the current one expires at the end of this year--no prize for
guessing next year's address :)).