Creating Excel files on Linux

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Sat Sep 8 05:36:02 EDT 2001

Hello!

   Completely offtopic. Sorry, I cannot resist. Well...

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 11:04:37AM -0500, Maan M. Hamze wrote:
> living in.  I am not defending Microsoft here, but I am being realistic.

   In you realism you said many bad words about people and companies. I
don't want to be that kind of "realist". I want to be an idealist. Only
idealists can change the world. Realists seems to be slaves of the status
quo. (I am not flaming you, don't take it personnaly.)

> transparent.  We do not live in such a world.  We live in a world controlled
> by greedy corporations, let it be Sun or Microsoft or the late Netscape.

   That why instead of just being realistical slaves we must oppose them
and create the free world.

> We live in a world of arrogant men and greedy corporations, and they play

   Thanks goodnes I am not. I live in the world of nice, creative, open,
very helpful people. Gvido van Rossum, Eric Raymond, Linus Torvalds (to
name a few most notable persons); and they are not only brilliant
programmers - they are idealists who are changing the world. Linux and
"Computer Programming for Everybody", Python and Free Software Movements!

> As far as I am concerned, getting a job done is the issue here.  Anyone can

   Not only. Protecting our freedom, too.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru