mod_python seems to be missing a file

MM mmichalski3 at home.com
Tue Oct 16 14:13:47 EDT 2001

Here is the apache error generated when I try to view a file named
'mptest.py':

######START
Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mptest"

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\PYTHON21\lib\mod_python\apache.py", line 181, in Dispatch
    module = import_module(module_name, _req)

  File "C:\PYTHON21\lib\mod_python\apache.py", line 335, in import_module
    f, p, d = imp.find_module(parts[i], path)

ImportError: No module named mptest
######END

Here is the configuration directive in the httpd.conf file:
<Directory /pytest>
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mptest
    PythonDebug On
</Directory>

I'm not sure what you mean by Python runtime and when the file's loaded.
I've placed the mod_python.dll in the modules directory of Apache and added
the appropriate LoadModule directive into the configuration file.  When
Apache loads it tells me "Apache 1.3.20 (Win32) mod_python/2.7.4
Python/2.1.1 running..."

That's the only configuration I've done with respect to Apache and Python.
Please let me know if I'm missing something.