mod_python seems to be missing a file

Jan Dries jdries at mail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:00:39 EDT 2001

MM wrote:

 > I've followed the mod_python documentation to the letter.  It seems
to be on
 > the verge of working with the one following problem:
 >
 > from mod_python import apache
 >
 > this is the first line of the test program you're told to write to see if
 > you're up and running.  The problem with this is that the apache.py
file in
 > the mod_python package is trying to import a file called _apache.  I
cannot
 > find this file anywhere and, apparently, neither can Python, since it
 > complains about it, as well.  Any help on where this file can be
found would
 > be appreciated.

If you check the C source, you will find that the mod_python DLL itself
export a function init_apache().
In other words, mod_python.dll is your missing _apache.pyd. When
mod_python.dll is loaded, the function is registered to the Python
runtime, and from that moment on the module _apache is known to the
Python interpreter.

If you could tell what exactly the errors are that you get in trying to
make mod_python work, maybe I could tell what's going wrong. But it
certainly isn't the fact that some _apache.py(d) would be missing.

Regards,
Jan