Python/QT Book no in final edit

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 4 02:40:14 EST 2001

Paul Rubin <phr-n2001d at nightsong.com> wrote:
>> > page.
>>
>> > why not just wgetting it! (wget exists also for ms-dos and it's a really
>> > cute software)
>>
>> > wget -m -c -np http://stage.linuxports.com/projects/pyqt

> I just want to read it on the screen without having to click links
> all the time.

But you really don't want to load 700 a4 pages worth of text with
a few hundred illustrations into you webbrowser in one go :-). I
mean, even the html-one-page version of the Emacs manual takes a serious
time to load, and that doesn't have any images.

When I was last able to generate a PDF of the book (it's too big
for my system right now), it was 3.5 mb...

--
Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org