Win98 PySol problem

Andrew Brown killspam at darwinwars.com
Wed Nov 28 03:49:38 EST 2001

"Bill Melcher" <wpmelcher at snet.net> wrote in
<dkMM7.570$aZ5.176328772 at newssvr10.news.prodigy.com>:

>"Bill Melcher" <wpmelcher at snet.net> wrote in message
>news:uaCM7.538$yq7.150911048 at newssvr10.news.prodigy.com...
>> [...]
>
>I have discovered that pysol.py in .../src is supposed to create the
>'bundle' so all I have to do is discover where the output module
>(pysol.pyc) has gone or why it did not get created.

I have been following this thread, having come across the same problem when
I  downloaded pysol 4.72 for Windows. It wouldn't run becasue of the
"dither" error. This was on Windows 2k

I left that installation where it was -- when I ran the windows installer, I
got all the card sets and everything; and simply unpacked the source into a
fresh subdirectory under that tree (C:\program files\games\pysol-4.72\src)
and comented out the "dither" lines as suggested in this thread.

I then run "python src\pysol.py" from the directory above, and it finds the
cards and runs perfectly -- until I move the mouse when clicking on a card.
this makes the game crash with an error about an unrecognised cursor, which
I must find and fix.