Win98 PySol problem

Bill Melcher wpmelcher at snet.net
Wed Nov 28 09:18:51 EST 2001

I got the thing to work by building a directory structure that is a
combination of the game distribution files (pysol-4.72.tar.bz2) and the
sources (pysol-4.72-rc.tar.bz2)

The structure I used is:

drive

   - pysol-4.72

          - data              (from the first archive)

          - src                (from the second archive)

Python 2.1 is installed elsewhere so then I used SciTE to load pysol.py from
drive:\pysol-4.72\src and had the editor Run it.  The great thing about
SciTE is that when you click Tools/Run, a new pane opens that shows the
entire session with all the stdout and stderr messages.

You could start an MS-DOS session and type at the C> prompt:

python drive:\pysol-4.72\src\pysol.py

You could also double click on pysol.py in the src directory.

If you do not like the pop-up DOS window, rename pysol.py to pysol.pyw then
click that one.

Once everything is cool, simply double click on pysol.pyw (or a shortcut to
it) to start a game session.

I would like to find out how to create a version of pysol_21.pyc 'bundle'
that Marcus supplied in the original distribution but have not yet succeeded
and I don't really know whether it is worth the effort.  PySol lives on my
system!

I think your problem arises from the fact that the src and data directories
are not part of the same directory structure so that the running PySol can't
find all the stuff it needs.
--
Cheers, Bill
TANSTAAFL!

news:Xns916759CC47C4Dandrewdarwinwarscom at 62.253.162.104...