Web hosts and Python 2.1

Colin Meeks colin at programmedintegration.com
Thu Nov 22 15:35:27 EST 2001

Hi Harold

The ISP we use has Python 2.1 installed and also provides us with excellent
customer support.  Our complete site (http://www.programmedintegration.com)
is run on top of Python.

The ISP is called GetWebSpace (http://www.getwebspace.com). They are also
once of the most reasonable priced ISPs.  They also have mySQL installed,
so you can migrate your site over time to have full database support.

Mention my name if you sign up as I geta free months credit.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Colin

"Harold Shore" <harold at 1st-spot.net> wrote in message
news:20011122.082840.1253263156.7318 at localhost.localdomain...
> As I progress with using Python naturally I've wanted to convert my web
> sites from Perl CGI's to Python.  However, my current ISP and most of
> the others who have attractive packages for my kind of website , while
> they do have Python installed,  only have the 1.52 version. with probably
got
> installed with their latest OS upgrade.
>
> Asking them to install a 2.1 version of Python hasn't been fruitful so
far.

> So my question is: does anyone on this group know of a North American web
> host who offers an up-to-date python package?
>
> Cheers.
> Harold

---