Installing Python > 2.1: make fails in posixmodule.c

Elmar Höfner elmar.hoefner at uibk.ac.at
Thu Nov 29 05:58:40 EST 2001

Michael Hudson wrote:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5470&atid=105470&func=detail&aid=440522

>> Oops, you're right. Although I spent quite a time searching, I oversaw
>> it. This link helped me, now it compiles.
>
> Do you mean to say the patch in the bug summary fixed the problem?
> That's very strange, seeing as that patch was applied before 2.1.1 was
> released.

Well, looking at the sources of 2.2a2 and 2.2b4, it doesn't seem so for me.
After I added the following lines mentioned in file

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=5470&atid=105470&file_id=8323&aid=440522

[which I found on the page above] in Modules/posixmodule.c, it compiles
fine:

[line 34 in 2.2a4]
#ifdef HAVE_GETPRIORITY
#ifndef PRIO_PROCESS
#include <sys/resource.h>
#endif /* !PRIO_PROCESS */
#endif /* HAVE_GETPRIORITY */
[line 40 in 2.2a4]

>> I tried at first 2.1.1 [error in line 1102], 2.2a4 [line 1145], 2.0.1
>> [which did compile, but gave me other problems] and at last
>> 2.2b2. None of the mentioned [exept 2.0.1] compiled without patching.
>> I didn't try CVS, though.

Maybe I should have said that this was FYI only. It *does* work after
adding the above lines, regardless which version.

> I'm really confused now.  Can you now do things that make 2.2b2 and
> 2.1.1 compile where they didn't beforehand?  Can you submit relavent
> patches to sf?

Well, yes and no. I can't submit this patch to sf, because I got it from
there. :)

Best regards,
Elmar