Beginner's question...

Keith Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Fri Nov 23 15:40:25 EST 2001

"Power-Tech" <mind.tech at verizon.net> wrote in message
news:3BFEADBB.68E786C2 at verizon.net...
> file, when I double click to open the file, a DOS window opens but
> closes immediately, without running the program, or if it is a

Actually, I suspect it's running the program, and that it's experiencing
errors?  Have you successfully run this program?

Try openning your own DOS window, and executing the program from there
('python C:\path\file.py'-- that way the window won't automatically close.
This will give you a chance to read any feedback it's giving you.

> calculating program, as soon as I type something, the window closes.

Try the same thing.  I've never seen that happen.

Keith J. Farmer
kfarmer at thuban.org
http://www.thuban.org