Beginner's question...

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Fri Nov 23 18:56:33 EST 2001

Keith Farmer wrote:

> "Jeff Shannon" <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote in message
> news:3BFEC93C.78DB7D98 at ccvcorp.com...
> > you're doing repeated runs of the same script, you can run DOSkey and then
> > you can repeat the command with up-arrow.
>
> Actually (at least under Win2k, I think under Win98), DOS already supports
> up-arrow history.

Almost--cmd.exe is the standard console for Win2k and WinNT (and presumably
WinXP), and supports command history; command.com is the standard console for
Win95/98/ME, and doesn't support history without the use of DOSkey.  Actually,
from what I've heard/read, command.com is a pretty weak excuse for a shell, in
general, but cmd.exe is fairly decent...  but my familiarity with the NT flavors
is almost nil.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International