A Python GUI Book.

Daniel Dittmar daniel.dittmar at sap.com
Mon Nov 12 06:18:16 EST 2001

> My idea is that besides going into some detail of every Toolkit I
> construct _one_ application scenario with a skeleton, which I
> later complete with each of the toolkits.

How about a tree based XML editor? It would show:
- tree widget
- resizable panes
- entry box, combo box (to edit attributes)

If you add the ability to overide the editor for a tag with a custom editor,
then you have actually a good base for many an application.

And I find a rundown of widgets and layout managers quite helpful. Maybe you
can start a Python GUI cookbook site, the result being something like the
wonderful wxPython demo for every toolkit.

Daniel