Using browser as interface to python app

François Granger fgranger at alussinan.org
Sat Nov 10 09:16:45 EST 2001

Sandy Norton <sandskyfly at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've just been prototyping a simple multi-threaded internet news
> monitor and have gotten to the point where I need to make a decision
> about the direction(s) the user interface might take: I've ruled using
> wxPython and Tkinter as I think a GUI is overkill, however I'm
> intrigued by the possibility of running a simple local webserver which
> would serve a set of webpages (with checkboxes, text fields, etc..)
> directly to a browser which would then allow the user to interact with
> the running python app.

You don't need a webserver to run html pages. Just "open" them with the
local available browser.

Have looked at anygui? they have simple interfaces to many gui toolkits.
And one of there aim is to use html as one back en.

--
"Au royaume des aveugles, on lapide à mort les borgnes"
- Joan D. Vinge in "Cat le psion"