A Python GUI Book.

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 11:37:28 EST 2001

Laura Creighton wrote:

> One defect that most GUI books I am aware of suffer from is that they
> are written almost exclusively from the point of view of providing
> ways for users to provide _input_ to your program ... And then, on
> your first job, you have to write code that handles real-time updates

I agree that it would be a very good idea to show how the different
GUI toolkits handle real-time updating, as I suspect that this ability
is often a significant factor in a developer's decision to employ a
GUI toolkit for a cross-platform application over the universal-client
claims of a web browser.

Hamish Lawson