Python, licenses and CVS

Paul Rubin phr-n2001d at nightsong.com
Wed Nov 28 00:31:08 EST 2001

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:
> > Depends. If only one person is working on the project, CVS is overkill.
> >
> > If lots of people are working on it, it's a good idea.
>
> My opinion: a good idea if only one person is working on it.
>
> Mandatory if more than one work on it.

CVS is a layer over RCS that lets multiple people work on the same
files at the same time, and automatically merges their changes at
check-in.  I don't see any point to it for a one person project.  RCS
is a lot simpler.  I use RCS for one-person projects and couldn't live
without it.  But I haven't found a reason to deal with the increased
complexity of CVS.  Is there one?