Python or C?

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Fri May 25 03:09:46 EDT 2001

it depends what it needs to do.  you can create a com server in python (as
pointed out before) and connect from a vb client.  the down side is that
installation is a little bit harder, and it will run a bit slower, the
upside is it won't run that slow (certainly not compared to how things in VB
run) and it will be more dynamic than one in C.

the learning curve will be faster in Python.  also coming from a VB
background, you'll appreciate the elegance of python over the brute force of
VB.  I have moved from big clumbsy arrays in VB to dictionaries in python,
and (my) similar programs in python actually run faster than they did in VB
(which may not say much for my VB skills).

doug

news:20010524233446.05514.00001446 at ng-cf1.aol.com...