Messaging in Py?

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at Virginia.EDU
Tue May 22 15:46:25 EDT 2001

After getting confused by many levels of indentation, David LeBlanc wrote:

> [This followup was posted to comp.lang.python and a copy was sent to the
> cited author.]
>
> In article <mailman.990470431.30830.python-list at python.org>,
> paulp at ActiveState.com says...
> > David LeBlanc wrote:
> > >
> > > In article <mailman.990385176.4955.python-list at python.org>,
> > > dsh8290 at rit.edu says...

[...]

> I didn't say that Dave Winer was an employee of MS - that is your
> inference. "A developer" need not be an employee. Nor is any of the above
> text written by me!

[...]

> Dave who? If me, you're misquoting me completely - this quote came from
> D-Man's post. If you mean Dave Winer, i'd be very surprised to hear him
> characterize SOAP as bloated since he's also one of the developers of the
> (current status) SOAP proposal.

David -- if you reread that post and pay a bit more attention to the
indentation levels of the quotes, you will see that, although that
post has a lousy user-interface, Paul never said you said what you
think he did!

> I sure hope you program better then you quote news postings!

Maybe indicating blocks by indentation in programming languages isn't
such a good idea, afterall!  ;-)

-- Steve Majewski