Gordon McMillan's installer

Benjamin Schollnick junkster at rochester.rr.com
Thu May 31 22:23:28 EDT 2001

[Posted & Mailed as well]

I also want to throw a few of my 0.02c in as well...

I've been using Gordon's Installer for at least a year (I think closer
to two), and have had very few problems with it.

There was a few cases where I had some TK issues, but Gordon was
extremely helpful, and responded to my P.I.A (Pain in the Arse)
questions quite rapidly and helpfully as well...

The only recurring issue I've seen is that it seems that every new
release of Marc-André Lemburg's MXODBC package (now Egenix Pro package)
breaks the import module logic.  It seems that Marc keeps changing his
mind on how to make even cooler non-standard (?) import logic.
Funny enough, though, MXDateTime doesn't have this problem.

But since MXODBC has gone commercial, I can't use it, due to the
licensing issue's....So this is a moot point anyway....

Back to the topic.... I highly commend Gordon on his installer package,
useful documentation, and tech support.... Being able to make Windows
based Executables without have to have a C compilier around has allowed
me to use my Python code in a semi-hostile (to) python workplace...

               - Benjamin