Unix [was: do...until wisdom needed...]

Andrew Dalke dalke at acm.org
Wed May 9 14:37:45 EDT 2001

Steven D. Majewski wrote:
> I was seeing pretty massive migration to windows and NT
>(well -- in the case of NT, at least a lot of *thinking*
>about migrating, if not actual movement) riding on the
>back of cheap commodity x86 computers.

That's what we were hearing a couple of years ago from
our large corporate customers.  The IT departments all
wanted to move from unix to NT, despite the screaming
and moaning from researchers.

I haven't heard that for a while now that Linux has
become popular enough.  For which I am extremely grateful.

(Ooops, I think I just wrote a "Me too!" response.)

                    Andrew
                    dalke at acm.org