ConfigParser module in 1.52 is buggy?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue May 29 07:55:50 EDT 2001

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 07:39:34AM -0400, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

> IMO this is the kind of stuff that should be in a 1.5.3 (or whatever the
> version scheme is for bug-fix releases) release, of course, the difficulty
> is determining what "this kind of stuff" is.

What makes you think there'll *be* a 1.5.3 ? :) But, seriously, the only way
there is ever going to be one is if enough people want it. The general
feeling on python-dev (as far as there *is* any feeling on python-dev
<wink>) is that 1.5.2 is too old and missing too many coo' features to
bother maintaining. But it's an opensource project (and 1.5.2's licence is
even fully GPL!) so there is no reason for you not to prepare a 1.5.3 and
ask Guido nicely if you can call it Python. If you can't, you can always
give it another name.

But then you'll have to ask yourself: do you want to do that forever ? Why
aren't you just upgrading to 2.1 and admiring the full set of new features
and enhancements that you'll get for free ? :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>