ConfigParser module in 1.52 is buggy?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at home.com
Tue May 29 07:39:34 EDT 2001

Note that it's possible to copy the 2.0 version of ConfigParser into a 1.5.2
distro if you eliminate a few unicode references.  Seems to work fine in my
app (though I've since moved that app to 2.0).  You could probably do the
same from a 2.1 copy.

IMO this is the kind of stuff that should be in a 1.5.3 (or whatever the
version scheme is for bug-fix releases) release, of course, the difficulty
is determining what "this kind of stuff" is.

Sigh,
Mike