running python as dll

Brian brian at rk-speed.dk
Tue May 8 02:09:31 EDT 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:

> It's pretty easy to run the Python _interpreter_ as a DLL called
> from another application, on the only platform I know where
> shared libraries are called DLL's, i.e., Windows.  See the

I know. And for know it is only intended for win. I want to allow GAMS
(http://www.gams.org), a optimization package to call an external
application. This should be done through shared lib's, i.e., dll.

The call should pass parameters in a given way, so I need to pass
parameters to the python script called by the interpreter, run as a dll.

> "Embedding and Extending" manual that comes with the
> standard Python distribution for how your application can
> control and direct the Python interpreter.

thanks.

> on Windows you can "run a Python script as a DLL called
> from another application" using Microsoft's ScriptControl
> (easy to use from any language that supports COM well) and

I'll check if needed.

--
Brian
http://www.et.dtu.dk