Is There a CGI Expert In the House?? Good Grief!!

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Tue May 1 23:21:01 EDT 2001

On Tue, 01 May 2001 14:31:54 -0700, Ben Ocean <zope at thewebsons.com> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <mailman.988753983.31433.python-list at python.org>:

:Hi;
:I have been trying DESPERATELY to get the answer to this question. I was
:under the impression that Python was an ideal language for CGI scripting.
:Now, would SOMEONE PLEASE answer this question:
:
:Scenario:
:My client, BladeChevy.com, frames around Kelley Blue Book (KBB.com). The
:visitor fills out a form on KBB.com's page and submits it. The info is sent
:back to BladeChevy.com to a page I specify (in the cgi-bin directory). The
:data is sent back via the *data buffer*
:
:Question:
:What the &*()$)*_% is a data buffer and how the &*(&*% do I get the data
:out of it?

>From reading the other responses, to the several pleas for help you've made
today, I get the impression that:
The data is being sent to you by HTTP_POST, and that it is a form on Kelley's
site.

So, what are the names of the form fields?

Actually, someone suggested that you try

import cgi

cgi.test()

That would be a good script for you to run. Save the above two lines as a text
file, like cgitest.py and put it in your cgi-bin, and invoke it from the page
that you have framed around the Kelley's page. See what the output looks like.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/