Is There a CGI Expert In the House?? Good Grief!!

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Tue May 1 22:55:46 EDT 2001

This has no reason to be a CGI problem at all.  You appear to be attacking
the
problem from the wrong direction.

This is off-topic, but here goes:

Create the frameset web page using your favorite technology (I use
VIM myself).  Let's call it frameset.html:

    <head>
    <title>Blade Chevy Pricing Assistant</title>
    </head>

    <frameset rows="25,*" frameborder=0>
    <frame name="titlebar" src="titlebar.html" scrolling=no noresize>
    <frame name="kbb" src="http://kbb.com/cgi-bin/whatever-the-form-is.cgi">
    </frameset>

If I have misunderstood your problem, I apologize, but your description is
rather confusing.  You state:

    The info is sent back to BladeChevy.com to a
    page I specify (in the cgi-bin directory).

but this frankly makes no sense to me.  The only thing I can think of is
that you are trying to "proxy" the data through BladeChevy.com, which
serves no purpose I can think of offhand and slows down the transfer of
information from and back to the customer.

Unless you are screen-scraping Kelly Bluebook (that is, parsing their pages
and changing them)... but that IMHO would be very rude of you, and they
would have grounds to sue under current US law.

So I hope I have that wrong.