Jpython and corba

Patrick McGleenon Patrick.McGleenon at alcatel.de
Wed May 16 02:28:24 EDT 2001

Hi

We did the same thing with the Orbacus Java ORB, with both JUnit and
JPython 1.1.

Your test program implements a CORBA callback, so must act as a CORBA server.
You need to instanciate a POA object which will handle this callback.
This means the orb in the client should be running after you call Foo() -
at least until the callback is called (the callback code can stop the orb to
finish the test).

The OBJECT_NOT_EXIST exception means when the server tried to execute
the callback on the client, the callback object wasn't around.  You can check
the callback was passed in correctly by stringifying the corba object on the
client and server side.

In principle JPython allows any Java class to be used or extended, so
the POA is implicitly supported.

Regards

Patrick