Redhat 7.1 and Python 2.1

Sean Reifschneider jafo-python at tummy.com
Wed May 23 07:34:39 EDT 2001

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 01:37:10AM +0000, C.L wrote:
>When I download the Redhat RPMs from Python.org, I keep getting an error
>that ther following libraries are required:
>
>libssl.so.0
>libcrypto.so.0

My RPM lookup CGI at:

   http://www.community.tummy.com/krudlookup.cgi

responds that it's provided by "openssl-0.9.6-1.i386.rpm".  This would be
for the socket.ssl functionality.  Install that and the RPMs should be good
for you.

Sean
--
 "Bill and Ted on cryptography: If you are really us...  What number are we
 thinking of?" -- Sean Reifschneider, 1998