Python & Linux ?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 08:59:57 EDT 2001

"Magnus Lycka" <magnus at thinkware.se> wrote in message
news:3B0A372A.AB8DCCDE at thinkware.se...
> Unfortunately, there is not one, simple way to ship Python apps.
> The Python community usually frowns on the Perl motto: "There is
> more than one way to do it", and tries to make things as straight
> forward as possible. In the case of installing and distribution,
> there is a number of soultions, although the one and only true

Considering that the same applies to GUI toolkits (while most
Perlites appear content with Perl/Tk), IDE's, web deployment
solutions (mod_python or mod_snake or webware or Zope or...
or maybe servlets with Jython, or IIS with Python in the
ActiveScripting mold, or...?), C++ extending and embedding
(C/API or Swig or CXX or Boost Python or ...?)... &c, &c...

...sometimes it looks like we've just moved TMTOWTDI from the
trivial language/core-library level (and even there, there
might well be debate:-) up to architectural choices... not
saying this is a BAD thing, mind you, but...

Alex