Windows editor?

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes kamikaze at kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu
Fri May 4 16:37:10 EDT 2001

  For what it's worth from an intermediate Pythonist, I just use Vim
(and mostly gvim) <http://www.vim.org/>, and the syntax highlighting is
quite good.  It runs on many platforms, include that one from Redmond.

  You'll want the following lines in your .vimrc/_vimrc (under windoze):
:set nocompatible expandtab shiftwidth=4 autoindent
:syntax on

  It doesn't have full keyword completion unless you make a dictionary
file for it (which I haven't bothered to do yet), and it doesn't know
about your code context, but ^N will complete a partial word from the
same source file, which prevents almost all misspellings.

"I will tell you things that will make you laugh and uncomfortable and really
fucking angry and that no one else is telling you.  What I won't do is bullshit
you.  I'm here for the same thing you are.  The Truth." -Transmetropolitan #39