Blade of Darkness

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sat May 12 13:55:15 EDT 2001

In article <Fp6L6.22898$154.7029975 at typhoon.we.rr.com>,
Pete Shinners <shredwheat at mediaone.net> wrote:
>"Aahz Maruch" <aahz at panix.com> wrote
>>
>> I just got my copy of Blade of Darkness today.  Haven't played with it
>> enough to determine whether I really like it, but I have to say that the
>> coolness factor of a commercial action game written in Python is high
>> enough that anyone who's into first-person "Street Fighter" type games
>> should absolutely get it.
>
>that's pretty cool. earlier i was looking at the source for some mods
>for this game. the code is pretty much all python, but a lot of it is
>just creating data structures and not too much logic code.

I took a quick look and there's definitely some logic code in there, but
much of it is just data for parameterizing the logic.  Kinda cool,
actually, how little code is really required.

BTW, make sure to download the patch if you buy it; it's already fixed
some problems I ran into with saving/loading.

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Everyone is entitled to an *informed* opinion."  --Harlan Ellison