php alternatives in python

Scott Hathaway slhath at home.com
Thu May 31 09:56:35 EDT 2001

"Charlie Clark" <charlie at begeistert.org> wrote in message
news:PM0003859837755BB0 at unknown.unknown.dom...
> That said, if you are happy with php then why change? Why are you
> looking for an alternative?

I am just researching.  Here is my problem.  My company writes all of our
api's (engines) with Python (when cross-platform is needed) or VB (when COM
is needed).  Then, we use PHP for any web work.  So, when I try to replace a
programmer or hire a new one, I have to find someone who is versed in PHP,
Python, and VB.  This is not an easy task.  It would really help if I could
narrow things down to one language.

Python could easily replace the COM needs that we gain from VB, but we do
not have anyone in our office who can create a GUI in Python as easily or
effectively as with VB.  I hope that Python.NET will change that.  So, if I
can replace PHP with Python, we could do all of our development in one
language.

I have looked at Zope, but it seems more like Cold Fusion than ASP or PHP.
I really want something like ASP or PHP, if possible.

Thanks,
Scott