Mac Os X and Python

John W. Baxter jwbaxter at spamcop.com
Tue May 29 01:26:37 EDT 2001

In article <3B11B990.421B7F32 at earthlink.net>, Ron Stephens
<rdsteph at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Has anyone tried out Python on Mac OS X yet? I am thinking of getting a
> Mac to run OS X and woudl appreciate any feedback.
>
> Are their any web sites that contain info on Python and Mac OS X? If not
> maybe we should create one.

Python 2.1 compiles "out of the box" for Mac OS X.  No special handing
needed (at least not here), except that before make test it is
necessary to increase the stack size limit (limit stack 4096).

I've seen people muttering about compiling some of the available
modules, however.  In some at least of those, the case-insigificant
file system needs to be adjust for (as it does with the distributed
Perl).

  --John