Python-list digest, Vol 1 #5872 - 10 msgs

lists lists at lophty.com
Tue May 8 17:19:44 EDT 2001

Hi,

    I'm a complete Python newbie.  After a lot of searching, I found a
hosting provider with a decent package who also happened to support
Python (I'm pretty sure that it came with their linux distro, since it's
old,
v. 1.5.2, and they warned me that while it was installed, they would be
able to provide no support). They couldn't tell me which modules were
installed or anything else.

My question is - is there anything in Python itself equivalent to the
phpinfo() handler in PHP?  If you call phpinfo in a php script/page, it will
kick out a complete run-down of the php config of the machine on which the
script is running.  To accomplish the same thing in Perl, everyone uses the
famous "Perl Diver" script.  If there's nothing like a pythoninfo()
function, is there a "Python Diver" - type of script that's available?

[I've looked in the Python manual and faq, perused some script archives,
searched on Google, and posted to comp.lang.python without finding anything]

Sorry if I overlooked something obvious.

Thanks,
brian
(I am on digest)