table widget?

Nick Perkins nperkins7 at home.com
Wed May 23 21:52:16 EDT 2001

"Stijn Gunst" <stijn.gunst at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in message
news:3B0C31C8.35D882F3 at student.kuleuven.ac.be...
> hi
>
> i can't find a tablewidget for Python (not even in the Pmw megawidget
> module)

wxPython has a fantastic and powerful table widget,
(from the looks of the demo)

..i agree that Tkinter (even including Pmw) is a bit lacking in
'higher-level' widgets, compared to wxWindows.

I use Tkinter only because it is easier to program in Python,
compared to wxPython.

...as a (somewhat) related comment, I find it a bit frustrating to develop
with either Tkinter or wxPython, using either IDLE or Pythonwin (on NT), as
I often end up 'hanging' python, or having extra processes left behind, or
other nasty things which seem to relate to the fact that the IDE is running
in Python, and also using (the same or another) window toolkit, thereby
causing my buggy programs to 'interfere' with the IDE itself.
do other people have problems like this?
is it better on linux?