Time objects and ADO

John notehead2 at hotmail.com
Sat May 5 22:48:11 EDT 2001

Okay, I'm part of the way there. I located the mx extensions from Marc
Lemburg ( http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/ )that handle COM dates.

Here is what I am doing now. All this works the way I want it to
functionality-wise, but the type check part is a hack:

item = recordset.Fields.Item(j).Value

# There has to be a better way to tell the type
# of the time object than this!!!
# Seems like this should be the way to do it, but it doesn't work...
#                 if type(item) is DateTimeType:

if str(type(item)) == "<type 'time'>":
    # Use the string representation of the time
    item = str(DateTimeFromCOMDate(item))

Any help on figuring out how to do the type check would be much appreciated.

-John

"John" <notehead2 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:CG1J6.231$Hw5.25353 at newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
> Hi,
>
> I'm reading in records from an ADO recordset and putting each field in a
> Python list.
>
> When I print out the list, the datetime fields from the ADO recordset
print
> out like this... <time object at 01127730>
>
> I need to be able to do two things:
>     1. Check to see if the ADO field is a time object
>     2. Convert the time object into a human readable string and put that
in
> the list instead of the object itself
>
> I've searched all over the help files. I thought when I came onto the
PyTime