win32, GUI AppBar class

Keith Farmer farmerk at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 6 04:29:39 EST 2001

Has anybody implemented an AppBar class in Win32?  That is, a window that
docks to the edge of the screen (such as TaskBar, Launch Bar, ICQ, AIM,
Office Bar, etc)?

Looking through the PythonWin docs, no support seems inherent for this
(dockable control bars, but not full-fledged windows).  I was thinking the
only choice would be calldll, but being in Python 2.0, I discovered npstruct
(potentially necessary for this task) doesn't seem to be compiled for it
yet.

I'd be most interested in docking/auto-hide support from stock win32/python
libraries -- like Tkinter and PyWin -- though I'm thinking a mixin class
would be really nifty, and allow for the creation of Python-based wharfs,
etc.

Keith Farmer
SF, CA