ftpmirror.py problems

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at usa.net
Sun Mar 25 19:13:51 EST 2001

You are right, in that it is the OS and not Python which is causing
the problem.  You are probably having a known problem involving NAT
(Network Address Translation, i.e. IPMasq) on the local host and a
badly configured firewall on the remote end.

If you can do so, configure the Linux system to use MTU/MRU 1500 when
connecting via PPP.  If this does not work, try 296.

The explanation is long and painful, and involves Path MTU Discovery.