Looking for web indexer in python

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Sat Mar 17 12:47:02 EST 2001

Roy Smith wrote:

> The software development group I work in has a small internal web site (a
> few hundred documents) which we don't currently have any way of searching.
> I'd like to put an automated indexer/search system in place.  If possible,
> I'd like to use python, since I think it would be a nifty way to introduce
> the group to the language.  There's no funding for this, so it has to be
> free software.
>
> A cursory look around didn't turn up anything that would fit the bill, but
> I have to assume somebody's already done a free python web indexer.  Any
> suggestions?

Strange coincidence. A few hours ago I was also looking for another
Python indexer to put here:

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Python/Modules/

This one http://sourceforge.net/projects/pymifluz/ was already in the
directory. I had some reservations, because the Sourceforge project page
says it's in pre-alpha stage. <sarcasm>Conveniently, it doesn't include
a link to the library it is interfacing</sarcasm> But mifliz can be
found on freshmeat.net.

The only other thing I found is included in ZOPE. I don't remember the
name, and I also don't know if it can be used standalone. Anybody knows
more on this part of ZOPE?

Gerhard
--
Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.
contact: g e r h a r d @ b i g f o o t . d e