Pythonwin default directory init

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Mon Mar 12 19:00:58 EST 2001

Costas Menico wrote:

> I am using Windows 98. Is there someplace in the .py code that I can
> explicitly force on startup to default it to the directory from "Start
> In". It is already loaded in os.getcwd(). So it should be a simple
> matter.

Unfortunately this is in MFC code.  It would involve moving that dialog out into .py code.

> This is a great product. Its the reason I started using Python and
> building my confidence to dump VB. The code completion (intellisense?)
> makes using Python a pleasure.
>
> Is there a planned upgrade coming up any time soon? And is there some
> wish/comments list I can participate in?

Minor upgrades are always happening, but no major changes are planned.  There is no list for comments and suggestions - otherwise I would spend my life trying to add them all.  The best way to get new features in is to send me patches :)  Otherwise, something has to bother me personally before I do it.

Mark.