Wrong reasons to enhancing the language

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 18 23:34:23 EST 2001

>In my opinion, none of the above reasons is good enough to justify alone
>changes to the language. There are other criteria that need to be met. Are
>the extensions useful to many people? Are they generic and extensible? Do
>they cause any compatibility issue?

Do they adhere to the principles which make Python uniquely Python?

Sometimes I feel it's as if the implementors or the users just need to add
features in order to have stuff to do and things to learn. I, however, prefer
to not do any learning with my computer programming language. I want
to use my language to CREATE THINGS; the language is an incidental
tool on the path to achieving some other objective.

That's one of the reasons I like Python so much. It's a demure language,
always soft-spoken and not under foot.

C//