daemon app in win32

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Wed Mar 28 17:15:48 EST 2001

Michael Bauer <Mike_B at T-Online.de> writes:

> Ben Hutchings wrote:
<snip>
> > Console applications can register to receive such notifications in the
> > same way they receive control-C notifications under *some* versions of
> > Windows.
>
> Do you have any more details about this? Because i experienced that my app
> does actually *not* receive the CTRL-Cs or similar i am pressing when i try
> to cancel it "by hand"... (btw, this is win98)
<snip>

CPython is supposed to generate a KeyboardInterrupt exception in this
case.  If this doesn't work, Ctrl-Break might.  If your program has
stuck in a system function then the exception won't be thrown until
that returns.

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Roundpoint.