daemon app in win32

Michael Bauer Mike_B at T-Online.de
Tue Mar 27 21:22:14 EST 2001

Ben Hutchings wrote:

> whisper at oz.net (Dave LeBlanc) writes:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:02:27 +0200, Michael Bauer <Mike_B at T-Online.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hmm, seems like this is only available under NT. Is there a more general
>> >way to accomplish this task independently of the underlying
>> >Windows-version?
>> >
>> >But maybe i should just get a life and write different wrappers for
>> >Win95, Win98, WinME, Win200, WinNT... :-(
>
> You should only need two.  The Apache web server code for Windows
> might be instructive.

Okay i will give it a close look.

> Console applications can register to receive such notifications in the
> same way they receive control-C notifications under *some* versions of
> Windows.

Do you have any more details about this? Because i experienced that my app
does actually *not* receive the CTRL-Cs or similar i am pressing when i try
to cancel it "by hand"... (btw, this is win98)
If this would work, i would be happy, i really dont need more than an
exception i could catch ;-)

I already spent some time reading the documentation of Marc Hammonds win32,
but it seems to me that it is clearly aimed at experienced windows
programmers.

sigh, and i thougt i could do it really OS-independent :-(

thanks, Mike